Friday 19 August 2011

Epic Blender Fail

Well, boy did I get a good start to my Friday morning! In tribute to Wifey (who has abandoned me for 2 whole weeks to go 'home' to USA), I russled up a batch of experimental chicken soup last night and left it in the slow cooker, happily bubbling away till this morning. I was like a kid at Christmas when I woke up this morning to fresh soupy smells, so after my shower I plonked it all in the blender ready to whizzy it all up for lunch. And this is the part where it turned into 'epic fail'. Even with my hand placed firmly on the lid, the lid FLEW off and coated myself, Joben the cat and my walls, floor and ceiling in scalding chicken soup. I'm guessing that's why you're supposed to leave it to cool first? Luckily the burn marks on my arms, tummy and face have started to go down now, so I am a little more open to seeing the funny side of it! You live you learn eh? It was still fun to make, and more than mildly comical getting a second shower and hairwash done this morning to blast shredded chicken out of my hair.

Luckily, the experimental soup tastes pretty good!

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia arc

No comments:

Post a Comment