Monday 22 August 2011

Liberty Love

Oh. My. Days.

I am in love.

With this...

Barbour Classic Beadnell with Liberty Print Floral Lining, £219


As if I wasn't obsessed with Liberty prints enough already (not that I actually own anything yet), this little bad boy popped up on ASOS this weekend and it's love at first sight. Barbour, notorious for the classic waxed jacket, have collaborated with Liberty on a select few jackets in their collection to put a playful lining and injection of colour into some classic pieces.

I'm usually more of a fitted trench coat kinda gal - a few years ago I wouldn't be seen dead in anything that didn't fit tight around my figure like a bandage - but THIS...this is a deal-breaker. I actually really love the tomboy style and think it kicks any parka's ass as a Winter cover up.

Ahhh, here's the rub. Yes it is rather pricey at £219, but you're paying for a quality wardrobe staple that will only get better with age, as well as an iconic piece of Liberty magic. And as if I need to convince myself further with the lure of a detachable faux fur collar and hood...

Available now from ASOS at http://www.asos.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment