Monday 3 January 2011

The Pursuit of Happiness

No...sadly, this post is not about the film. Instead, in the spirit of New Year's Resolutions, I have started my quest with the public to find out what makes people happy.

Recently I became quite frustrated that I was beginning to turn into a grumpy old cat lady (true story), leaving behind my child-like excitement about the little things in life like interesting buttons and the joys of writing in wax crayon. I want to be that 7 year-old child again, leaving behind my wordly cynacism and being grateful for days at the park and a good packed lunch box :) After all, I'm only 22! My new search for the things that bring me joy starts here.


So what does make you happy? What little nuggets brighten your day?

The above pic was sent to me by my best friend today who is enjoying the New Year in Berlin (*hints at jealousy*), and it absolutely brightened my day. They are a selection of finger puppets that she has bought on her travels (*again, hints at jealousy*).

I will be attempting to blog most days, finding one little thing from my day that has kept the smile on my face. I would love to know what cheers you up, whether it's going to feed the ducks or the simple 'shuffle' function on your Ipod (a personal favourite of mine!) - all feedback will be greatly appreciated...

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment