Tuesday 4 January 2011

Thank You Please

The real story behind this blog starts with one little word that - until recently - barely entered my conscience at all.

GRATITUDE

After looking for answers about why I failed in my attempts to be happy, my eldest Uncle in his infinite wisdom told me to start counting all the wonderful things in my life. Once I started, I couldn't believe that there were thousands more amazing things to be grateful for, than the small number of negative ones that had pulled me down. All it takes is a simple shift towards thanking the world for your blessings, and you'll be surprised by how many things you can find to be grateful for each day.

At the risk of sounding like a 'new age hippy', The Secret by Rhonda Byrne laid down the foundations for my thinking.


My new year's resolution started early on in December, when I woke up one day and decided that I needed this tattoo. It says 'gratitude' in Sanskrit, and serves as my daily reminder to be grateful for everything :) so far, so good!

Take pen + paper...how many things do you have to be thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. want to have exactly the same one, as a reminder as well, in sanskrit as well - on my wrist I think
    will do that next year :)

    ReplyDelete