Wednesday 21 September 2011

Ahava Mineral Body Lotion

My feelings about this product are a bit up and down - it definitely functions well as a product, but I had some very unfortunate side effects from using it...details spared!

The product is by a brand I've not heard of before called Ahava, a 'mineral body lotion' which as you can see from the picture has WATER written down the side. All this talk of minerals and water made me wrongly assume that it would be a gentle product, but it is actually very strongly fragranced and - to my horror - is not exactly suited to 'delicate' areas shall we say! So...probably not suitable for sensitive skin.


However, when applied to 'non-delicate' (!) skin, this works a treat. I applied straight over freshly shaved legs and they felt super smooth and hydrated with a subtle sheen for the rest of the day. It's a nice thick consistency that you can really get to work with, but absorbs pretty quickly and is non-greasy. In my personal opinion though, the fragrance is still too strong to be suited to an everyday lotion - I had a very strong washing powder smell following me around alllllll day!

No comments:

Post a Comment