Tuesday 27 September 2011

Can't Live Without...

It has taken me yeeeeeears to find a beauty regime that actually works for my impossibly oily skin, and I only recently realised that I was buying some products so repeatedly that they actually must work for me! Lifetime member of 'The Chip Pan Face' club, I can now shed some light on the products that keep my skin looking matte and fresh all day - so many products are an absolute nightmare for the embarrassing shine they create part way through the day, so these bad boys really stand out...

Foundation:

Rimmel Match Perfection Gel

Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Gel Foundation, £6.99 from Boots and Superdrug
This stuff is THE NUTS. It feels so light and cool on your skin, the gel formula is fantastically suited to oily skin as it's not as heavy as your average liquid foundation - it's kind of like a cross between an air-whipped mousse and a liquid foundation. This also features blue sapphire pigments which claim to match your exact skin tone and texture for a flawless finish, and I must say, I am completely impressed! The product is formulated with oxygen too, so you're getting some of the good stuff for your skin. I've had no oil or blemish complaints since using this, and I think I've bought 4 tubs of this so far it's so good - it's an absolute rarity for me to stick to one brand usually when it comes to foundation!

Moisturiser:

Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Anti-Shine Regulating Lotion

AvĂ©ne Cleanance Anti-Shine Regulating Lotion, £10.50 from Boots

This creates a smooth, matte and silky finish to your skin which I find works better than any anti-shine primer I've ever used before. Formulated with a high concentrate of pure spring water, your skin drinks up this moisturiser and feels nourished and healthy from the first use. If I ever skip using this before my foundation, I'm working my signature oil slick look by 11am. This is a must have for anyone with excess oil like myself.

Maintenance:

Superdrug Clarity Shine Control Papers


Superdrug Shine Control Papers

These bad boys are cheap as chips (around £2.59 per pack for 60 sheets, but are often on offer), and do the job flawlessly. Whenever I get down to my last 10 sheets I descend into a wild panic and make sure I restock straight away! They are small paper sheets which are imparted with a light layer of pressed powder on one side to absorb excess oil and restore a matte finish to your make-up. Brilliant to pop in your handbag for touch ups throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment