Wednesday 30 March 2011

Sweet Treats

Baring in mind that this is a blog about Happiness, I feel it prudent to mention that I haven't exactly been in the best of spirits for the last week or so. I'm finding that it doesn't matter how much of a 'naturally sunny disposition' you have or how much you try to look for the little things that brighten your day, there are always going to be times when you're completely overwhelmed by life - but it is ok to feel this way! I have somehow managed to progress from an unwillingness to leave my duvet to being short-tempered with cheery salespeople on the phone at work, but, progress all the same.

Last night, trying to put a smile on my face and also take my mind off things, I decided to try and recreate some of the Parisien magic I experienced almost 2 years ago in the shape of...macarons.


don't you feel more cheerful just looking at these beauties?

Oh, le macaron!

£30 worth of equipment and two attempted batches of basic recipe later = EPIC FAIL. Now, I do feel I should mention that macarons are notoriously difficult to make, so I'm not beating myself up massively over it. But...I also fear that my less than savoury performance has pushed me one step closer to a complete emotional breakdown!

I have spent my afternoon googling tips, so with fresh spirits I will be going home tonight to start a 3-day-prep-mission for attempt #2.

Other than that, I plan to pick up my spirits over the next few days by - 

  • attending a fundraising event called JapanTease - in a Hawaiian themed bar with special guest Burlesque acts for the night - for the tsunami appeal
  • hopefully, successfully creating at least one edible batch of macarons in time for Mothers Day
  • causing a sensation at work by wearing inappropriate floral trousers
  • going to visit my family for the weekend
  • consumption of Cadbury's creme eggs

*duvet optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment