Monday 4 April 2011

Guess What...?

Aaargh! I can hardly contain my excitement to tell you, that I simply cannot wait until my usual blogging day (Wednesday) to hopefully spread some cheer.

Not usually one to blow my own trumpet, but attempt #2 of making le macarons KICKED ASS! So here's me, blowing my own trumpet. Parp!



I don't like to be rubbish at anything, I take it very personally and last week's failed attempt left me with a throbbing vein in my head and an insatiable desire to eat the entire contents of my fridge to lift my spirits. Onions excluded of course. So when my little babies grew feet and started to rise, I smiled wider than a kid with a cardboard box. Big time.

Filled with Baileys buttercream to make them extra special, I gave these as a gift to Mama Gill for her mummy's day - and the mega squidges she gave me tell me they were a hit :)

Other than that I'm still feeling pretty pants at the moment. I keep having incredible urges to do the classic Ron Burgundy "I'm stuck in a glass cage of emotion!" scream from Anchorman (incidentally one of my favourite films), but fail to see a way to adapt this into a suitable expression of emotion in the office environment. Another day, perhaps.

So I'm off to buy shoes instead...oh my, I can already feel the rush!

1 comment:

  1. i love macarons! let me know if you have a good recipe! i love cooking :)


    love your blog! following you now :)

    ashleyborysewich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete